Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

Lincoln information

Documents/Evidence Required Checklist


For all applicants, joint applicants and household members 18+ whom are to be housed with you, we will require:


  • ID Proof,
  • Address Proof and
  • Income Proof
  • Evidence you meet the residency qualification criteria


For all children within the household to be housed with you, we will require:


  • ID Proof and Confirmation of child benefit


All evidence needs to be dated within the last 3 months excluding photo ID, all applicants will need to provide a current or last tenancy reference and may be required to provide tenancy references for up to 5 years.


Current COLC tenants will not need to provide proof of current address, other supporting docs will still be required.



ID Proof (1 item of photo ID or 2 items of non-photo ID).


  • Passport / ID Card
  • UK Driving Licence
  • Bus pass
  • HM Forces Identity Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage/divorce certificate
  • Current DWP benefit confirmation letter 
  • Current Inland Revenue Tax notification


Address Proof (1 item relating to your current address).


  • Utility Bill
  • Current DWP benefit confirmation letter 
  • Council Tax Bill, current year
  • Local Authority / Housing Association / Private tenancy agreement
  • UK Driving Licence, with current address detailed
  • Bank / Building Society / Mortgage Statement / Credit Union Statement or pass book
  • Pay Slip
  • Medical/GP Letter


Income Proof (Evidence of all income is required).


  • Pay slips – last 3 months
  • Bank Statements – last 3 months
  • Contract of employment
  • Child benefit
  • Child/working tax credits
  • DWP benefit confirmation letter
  • Pension / Pension Credit
  • P60


Additional Information which may be requested


  • Immigration Status / Share Code
  • Proof of pregnancy (with estimated due date)
  • Name change deed (name changed by Deed Poll)
  • Child access arrangements – Court Document or Letter from main carer/guardian
  • Medical Form
  • Any supporting medical information
  • Supporting Information regarding any needs for adaptations or need for an extra bedroom
  • Any supporting information or risks assessments from agencies e.g. Probation Service, Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation Teams, Mental Health Services, Social Services.
  • Confirmation of local connection e.g. letter from relative, proof of employment
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Notice to leave accommodation
  • Checks via a credit reference agency
  • This information can also be found under Using this service > Information for Lincoln Customers